Image credit: The Institute for Development of Freedom of Information, Georgia.
The Institute for Development of Freedom of Information (IDFI) in Tbilisi, Georgia, will organize the Good Governance Forum 2020, tomorrow, 2 October 2020, under the theme: Political Integrity and Elections: Challenges and Innovative Solutions.
The 2020 GG Forum aims to explore innovative mechanisms and the most cost-effective approaches to ensuring political integrity, especially at a time of upcoming Georgia’s parliamentary elections planned in October, 2020 in Georgia. The conference intends to do this by engaging local and international experts and stakeholders around several key related issues: electoral legislation and practice, political donations and political party financing, use of administrative resources during the election campaign, lobbyism and international transparency standards.
The Forum is organized by the IDFI in cooperation with the Open Government Partnership (OGP), with the support of the global philanthropic organization, Luminate.
The Forum will include three Panels in which Laura Thornton and Yukihiko Hamada will be speaking in its First Panel.
Panel 1: Political Party Funding and Political Donations: Legislation and Practice
1. Ms Laura Thornton, Director for Global Programme, International IDEA
2. Mr Levan Natroshvili, Program Manager, Transparency International Georgia (TI-G)
3. Dr Magnus Ohman, International Foundation for Electoral Systems (IFES), Director, Regional Europe Office and Senior Political Finance Adviser
4. Ms Ekaterine Ghazadze, Deputy Auditor General, State Audit Office of Georgia (TBC)
5. Mr Yukihiko Hamada, Senior Programme Officer, Political Participation and Representation, International IDEA
6. Ms Mariam Maisuradze, Anti-Corruption Direction Head, Institute for Development of Freedom of Information (IDFI)
Working language: English
Simultaneous English-Georgian translation will be provided.
More details on the agenda, programme and speakers can be found in the document below.