On 1 July 2014, IDEA continued its longstanding and fruitful cooperation with the Electoral Tribunal of Mexico by signing an MoU.
Through the years, various MoUs have been signed with the aim of strengthening electoral justice in Mexico and Latin America in general, with International IDEA´s support and technical expertise.
Through this MoU, it was agreed that the two organizations will continue working and strengthening these lines of work, focusing in particular on:
- Strengthening the Rule of Law, electoral integrity (in line with the Global Commission's report) and guarantee of rights, mainly political rights, of citizens.
- Advocacy of the Spanish version of the electoral justice handbook.
- The role of electoral justice in guaranteeing gender equity.
- The role of electoral justice in guaranteeing indigenous groups' rights.
- Guiding principles on the use of administrative resources during electoral processes.
- The global conference on money and politics.