International IDEA invites you to the prelaunch of the Inclusion Portal on 13 March 2023, 13:15-14:30 EST, at the United Nations Headquarters, Conference Room A, Conference Building, New York.
The Inclusion Portal will be an online one-stop repository and hub of global information that solely presents the provisions in national frameworks-constitutions, political parties and electoral laws on the inclusion of women, youth, Indigenous Peoples, people with disabilities, LGBTQI+ people. The principle of inclusiveness is at the core of international policy platforms, like the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development in which it is stated at least seven times in the Agenda and has been a recurrent theme in documents, pledges, call to actions, interventions and statements delivered since by Member States, the UN and civil society. Addressing the various factors that reproduce exclusion and hinder the leave no one behind agenda is essential for democratic development.
- What are the challenges, lessons and good practices/examples of promoting the inclusion of traditionally/historically marginalised segments of the populations in democracy development processes and institutions?
- What are the evident milestones that can be used as benchmarks to accelerate progress?
Welcome Remarks and Moderator
- Dr Annika Silva-Leander Head of North America & Deputy Permanent Observer to the UN International IDEA
Opening Remarks by an International IDEA Member State
Overview and Key Functionalities of the Inclusion Portal
- Rumbidzai Kandawasvika-Nhundu, Senior Advisor:-Democracy and Inclusion, International IDEA
Key Reflections on challenges, lessons and good practices/examples on the inclusion of traditionally/historically marginalised in Finland
- Krista Orama, Senior Adviser for Gender Equality. Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Finland
Key Reflections on challenges, lessons and good practices/examples on the inclusion of Persons with Disabilities in Kenya
- Hon Caroline Agwanda, Adviser Disability Inclusion and Human Rights Facilitator
Key Reflections on challenges, lessons and good practices/examples on the inclusion of young people in Mali
- Mariam Diallo Drame, Executive Director Association Femmes Leadership et Développement Durable (AFLED)
Discussions/Interactive reflections in plenary (20 minutes)
Register for this event here. Please note that registration for non-UN pass holders will close on Wednesday, 8 March 2023 at 5:00pm (ET).
For any additional information, please contact Ms Amanda Sourek (email@example.com)