Photo credit: Francisco Anzola@flickr
The Experts Roundtable event on the New Concept of Governance in Africa due to be held in Accra, Ghana from 29 - 30 September 2017 will bring together leading policy-makers, academics and representatives from bilateral, multilateral, regional and sub-regional organizations and civil society organizations. Among many, it will seek to address the following overarching questions:
- To what extent are current governance models suitable for peace and development aspirations in Africa?
- How can governance be conceptualised to have legitimacy and meaning for African political elites and local populations alike?
- How can we best identify and tackle the key differences to provide the development "boost" required to achieve Agenda 2030 and 2063?
- To what extent is 'sustaining peace' relevant to the transformational governance agenda and what does 'sustaining peace' as governance look like in practice?
- How do we move from electoral democracy to inclusive political processes?
- Mr. Njoya Tikum, Regional Advisor, Anti-corruption and Economic Governance, UNDP Africa. E-mail: Njoya.email@example.com
- Mr. Gram Matenga, Senior Programme Officer, Africa Programme, International IDEA. E-mail: G.Matenga@idea.int