Image credit: Danish Institute for Parties and Democracy (DPID)
Join a Danish Institute for Parties and Democracy (DIPD)-hosted panel discussion with experts and politicians to assess the state of democracy worldwide, and in Denmark, today. Is the concept of democracy suffering from a fever these years? And what should democracy-support look like in the future?
Let's discuss the way forward.
International IDEA Secretary-General will be a key speaker.
Please note that the panel discussion will be in Danish.
12:OO - 12:30 - Registration and refreshments
12:30 - 12:35 - Opening address, Rasmus Prehn, Minister for Development Cooperation
12:35 - 13:15 - Presentation on The Global State of Democracy Report 2019, Kevin Casas-Zamora, International IDEA Secretary-General
13:15 - 13:30 - Q&A: Moderated by Anne Sofie Allarp, Columnist/Author
13:30 - 14:30 Debate on the state of democracy:
• Michael Aastrup Jensen, Deputy Chair of Foreign Policy Committee
• Kasper Sand Kjær, Chair, DIPD, The Social Democratic Party
• Anne Sophie Callesen, Spokesperson for development for the Social Liberal Party
• Lisbeth Knudsen, Chief Editor ”Monday Morning” and Chair for the Democracy Commission
• Malte Frøslee Ibsen, PostDoc Copenhagen University
Moderated by Anne Sofie Allarp
Dr Casas-Zamora will speak on The Global State of Democracy 2019 report by International IDEA.
Register to attend this free event: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/demokratiets-tilstand-i-verden-registration-94121827921