Electoral Management Design Database
Model of electoral management
Constitution 2011 (as amended in 2013), accessed 30 April 2022
197. THE NATIONAL ELECTIONS COMMISSION
1. There shall be established within one month after enactment of the National Election Law, an Independent Commission which shall be known as the National Elections Commission.
2. There shall be enacted a National Elections Law within three months following the adoption of this Constitution.
3. The Chairperson, Deputy Chairperson, and Members of the Commission shall be persons of proven integrity, competence, non-partisan and impartial, and shall be appointed by the President in accordance with the provisions of this Constitution and the law.
4. The structure, composition, functions, powers and terms and conditions of service of the Chairperson, Deputy Chairperson, Members and employees of the Commission shall be regulated by law.