You are free to copy, distribute, and translate International IDEA publications made available under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 licence, subject to the licence conditions. Please pay special attention to the following:
- You must keep all copyright notices intact.
- You must adequately acknowledge the original copyright holder(s) and author(s) when distributing the work or any adaptation thereof. Copyright must be acknowledged as follows: 'Reproduced by permission of International IDEA from [insert full title of Work] © International Institute for Democracy and Electoral Assistance [insert year].’ In the case of co-publications, you must include the name of the co-publisher as listed in the copyright page of the original publication as posted on International IDEA’s website.
- No commercial use of the work or any adaptation thereof will be made. Any distribution of the work can only be made under a Creative Commons license of the same type.
- Any adaptation of the work must clearly identify the changes made to the original work. In addition, the following statement must be included: ‘The original work has been modified.’
- Any translation of the work must respect the integrity of the original text. You must adequately acknowledge the original copyright holder(s) and author(s) when translating the work. In addition, the following statement must be included: ‘This is an unofficial translation of the original work from [language] to [language]. The accuracy of the translated text was not verified by International IDEA.’
- You will ensure that your use of the work and/or the context in which the work appears is not derogatory nor will it reflect negatively on International IDEA.
- You may not imply any connection with, sponsorship or endorsement by International IDEA, its co-publishers, or the author(s) of the work.
N.B. All rights not expressly granted in the Creative Commons licence are reserved.
Please notify International IDEA via email (email@example.com) when using publications available under the Creative Commons licence.