Article 90: Allocation of party list seats
90.1 Elections for the seats in Parliament provided for under Articles 97(1) (c) and 98 (1) (b), (c) and (d), and for the members of county assemblies under 177 (1) (b) and (c), shall be on the basis of proportional representation by use of party lists.
Article 97: Membership of the National Assembly
97.1 The National Assembly consists of—
- Two hundred and ninety members, each elected by the registered voters of single member constituencies;
- Forty-seven women, each elected by the registered voters of the counties, each county constituting a single member constituency;
- Twelve members nominated by parliamentary political parties according to their proportion of members of the National Assembly in accordance with Article 90, to represent special interests including the youth, persons with disabilities and workers; and
- The Speaker, who is an ex officio member.
Article 100: Promotion of representation of marginalized groups
Parliament shall enact legislation to promote the representation in Parliament of—
- Persons with disabilities;
- Ethnic and other minorities; and
- Marginalised communities.