There are no concrete provisions limiting the expenditures of candidates for advertising on traditional media.
"(1) In respect of the election campaign, the electronic media other than the Bulgarian National Television and the Bulgarian National Radio and the regional centres thereof may use paid and free-of-charge forms of coverage of the election campaign of the parties, coalitions and nomination committees which have registered candidates.
(2) It shall be prohibited to make political insinuations in commercial advertising to the benefit or to the detriment of any party, coalition or nomination committee or candidate.
(3) The commercial electronic media referred to in Paragraph (1) may allot time for paid coverage of the election campaign of the parties, coalitions and nomination committees which have registered candidates on identical terms and at identical rates.
(4) The rates referred to in Paragraph (3) may not exceed the average market rates for commercial advertising during the last six months before the start of the election campaign.
(5) The terms and procedure for the allotment of time for coverage of the election campaign, as well as the rate schedules, shall be made public on the Internet site of the respective medium referred to in Paragraph (1) not later than 40 days in advance of polling day. Payment shall be effected in advance.
(6) The terms, procedure and rate schedules referred to in Paragraph (5) shall be transmitted to the Bulgarian National Audit Office and shall be provided to the Central Election Commission in respect of an electronic medium operating within a national range and to the constituency election commissions or, respectively, to the municipal election commissions in respect of an electronic medium operating within a regional or a local range, not later than the opening of the election campaign.
(7) The time allotted by the media referred to in Paragraph (1) for paid forms of coverage of the election campaign shall be excluded from the limitation referred to in Article 89 (1) of the Radio and Television Act.
Source: Article 198 (1 - 7), The Election Code, 2014