CONSTITUTION OF THE REPUBLIC OF ARMENIA (Adopted 06.12.2015)
Article 89. Composition of the National Assembly and Procedure for the Election Thereto
1. The National Assembly shall be composed of at least one hundred and one Deputies.
2. Representatives of national minorities shall be allocated with seats in the National Assembly under the procedure prescribed by the Electoral Code.
3. The National Assembly shall be elected through proportional electoral system. The Electoral Code shall guarantee formation of stable parliamentary majority. Where stable parliamentary majority is not formed as a result of elections or through formation of a political coalition, a second round of election may be held. In case of holding a second round of elections, the formation of new alliances shall be permitted. The restrictions on, conditions and procedure for formation of political coalition shall be prescribed by the Electoral Code.
ELECTORAL CODE OF THE REPUBLIC OF ARMENIA (Amended as of 20 October 2016)
Article 76. Composition of the National Assembly
1. The minimum number of Deputies of the National Assembly shall be 101.
Article 77. Electoral system
1. Elections of the National Assembly shall be held under the proportional electoral system, from one multi-mandate constituency covering the whole territory of the Republic from among candidates for Deputies nominated in the national and district electoral lists of political parties.