Annual funding is provided from the Central Fund, which is funded by cotributions from the National Budget, individual donors, international organisations and fund rasing and investments by the Integrity of Political Parties and Candidates Commission
(1) A political party shall be funded only in accordance with this Law.
(2) Only a registered political party is eligible to receive funding from the Central Fund.
(3) The funding of a registered political party shall consist of: –
- funding from the Central Fund where applicable in accordance with this Law; and
Source: Article75, Organic Law on the Integrity of Political Parties and Candidates 2003, No 0 of 2003
1) For the purposes of this section, “registered political party represented in the Parliament” means a registered political party, a member of which is a Member of the Parliament who –
- was endorsed by that registered political party at the time of his election to the Parliament; or
- who subsequently joined that registered political party, and who is not a member of another registered political party.
(2) Subject to this section and to any other relevant provision of this Law, the Commission shall pay out of the Central Fund –
- subject to Subsection (3), to each registered political party represented in the Parliament, the sum of K10, 000.00 for each Member of the Parliament who is a member of that registered political party; and
- any sum payable to a registered political party under Section 83.
(3) The Commission may, taking into account national economic factors, increase the amount payable under Subsection (2)(a), but no such increase shall exceed 10% in any one year.
(4) The Commission may, from time to time, out of moneys available in the Central Fund after making the payments under Subsection (2) or (3) make an additional payment to each registered political party.
(5) The amount to be paid to each registered political party under Subsection (4) shall generally be in accordance with the principles of Subsection (2).
Source: Article 82, Organic Law on the Integrity of Political Parties and Candidates 2003, No 0 of 2003