5. Taking advantages of the official status by the candidates, who are officials of the state bodies, shall be forbidden.
Under the use of advantages of the positional or official status, this Constitutional Law shall consider the following:
1) involvement of persons, who are subordinated or dependent on candidate, to the conduct of a pre-election campaign, except the cases when the above-mentioned persons conduct campaigning as proxies of a candidate;
2) using the premises occupied by the state bodies to promote the election of a candidate or a political party that nominated a party list, if other candidates, political parties are not guaranteed by the use of these premises on the same conditions.
Compliance with the restrictions stipulated by this clause must not create obstacles for implementation by the officials of their duties.
7. Mass media shall be obliged to exercise unbiased interpretation of the electoral campaign of candidates, political parties; to abstain from publications of campaign materials and other information, obviously discrediting the honor, dignity and professional reputation of the candidate or the political party; to grant for the indicated persons a possibility for a free of charge publication of denial in protection of honor, dignity and professional reputation in the nearest publication of the printing on the same page, in the same volume and in the same font or broadcasting on television or radio at the same time within twenty four hours after reception of the appeal.
Mass media shall be obliged to disseminate information about events on the nomination of all candidates and party lists, registration by election commissions in equal volumes of the printed page, time for broadcasting.
3. The state shall guarantee an equal allocation of funds to the candidates to come out with their programs in mass media. Each candidate shall be granted with funds for a fifteen minutes speech on TV, ten-minutes broadcasting by the radio as well as for publication of two articles in the press in the volume that does not exceed 0.1 of a printed sheet.
The political parties that have nominated their party lists shall be eligible to participate in the political debates on TV, organized by the Central Election Commission within the time limit fixed by the Central Election Commission.
Mass media shall provide time for broadcasting and the space to print for the registered candidates and political parties that have nominated their party lists on a contractual basis. The terms and conditions of the contract for the provision of broadcasting and the printed space in mass media to the candidates and political parties that have nominated the party lists should not create advantages in favor of a certain candidate and a political party. The data about the size of payment, conditions and order of granting of on-air broadcasting time and the printed area shall be declared and published by the corresponding organization of the TV-radio broadcasting, the editorial staff of the periodic press not later than on the tenth day after an official publication of the decision on appointment an election. The named information needs to be presented to the Central and oblast (regional) election commissions during Elections of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan, to other territorial as well as region election commissions during election of deputies of the Parliament, Maslikhats and members of other local self-government bodies.
The consent for allocation of time for broadcasting and a printed area given by mass media to one of the candidates or a political party which has nominated its party list shall be considered as consent to allocate time for on-air broadcasting and a printed area to other candidates or political parties that have nominated their party lists.
The sequence of appearance of candidates and the political parties which have nominated their party lists in mass media shall be established in the course of reception of written applications or through casting lots if applications were received at one and the same time.
It shall be prohibited to interrupt and comment on speeches of the candidates on television and radio immediately after the speech as well as in press in the same issue.
(Constitutional Act of the Republic of Kazakhstan, On Elections in the Republic of Kazakhstan, 1995 available at https://www.election.gov.kz/rus/normativno-pravovaya-baza-vyborov/zakon-respubliki-kazakhstan/zakon-o-vyborakh-v-respublike-kazakhstan.php accessed January 2018).