Article 18 (2).
No donations shall be permitted in favor of a political party or its structural divisions (branches and representative offices) from:
1. any foreign states and legal entities, or international organizations;
2. any foreigners and stateless persons;
3. any legal entities with foreign participation;
4. from state bodies and state organisations;
5. religious associations and charities;
6. anonymous donors.
7. from citizens or non-governmental organizations of the Republic of Kazakhstan which are receiving grants and other funds from international or foreign non-governmental organizations.
(Law on Political Parties of the Republic of Kazakhstan, 2002, available at https://online.zakon.kz/Document/?doc_id=1032141#pos=235;-107 accessed January 2018).
For the election campaign, political parties can use their own funds and receive private campaign contributions. Citizens and organizations can contribute to a political party’s campaign fund with the exception of state bodies or organizations, local self-government bodies, charitable organizations, religious associations, and legal entities with foreign stock in their charter capital. Anonymous and foreign donations are also forbidden
(OSCE/ODIHR Election Observation Mission Final Report, Republic of Kazakhstan, Early Parliamentary Elections 20 March 2016, available at http://www.osce.org/odihr/elections/kazakhstan/248781?download=true accessed January 2018).