The Electoral Risk Management Tool (ERMTool) is designed to empower people to ensure peaceful and credible elections. Intended users are electoral management bodies, security sector agencies, civil society and other state and non-state actors. The ERMTool aims to build the user’s capacity to understand, analyze, and mitigate electoral risks.
The ERMTool can build users' capacity to understand electoral risk factors, collect and analyze risk data, design prevention and mitigation strategies, and record the results of actions. The tool consists of three integrated parts.
A knowledge library describes in detail 36 electoral risk factors, both internal and external to electoral processes. An analytical instruments section allows users to create analytical models specific to a country or election, upload data to generate risk maps and trend charts, and create a register of risks and actions. The prevention module consists of a digital library with approximately 100 action points intended to inspire user in designing strategies to prevent and mitigate electoral risks, including election-related violence, at the different phases of the electoral cycle.
To obtain a copy of the ERMTool's software, you need to register prior interest with International IDEA. A genuine and non-for-profit organization will be granted a download key upon the submission of request.
Download the ERM Tool
- New mapping engine (Think Geo)
- NET framework (version 4.5)
- Improved Win 8/10 compatibility
- In addition to English, menus are now available in: Arabic, French, Nepali, Myanmar, Russian, Spanish and Thai languages
- Better user experience and more
- Improved mapping – speed and map import/handling
- Regional and world level models can be created
- Cumulative factors accept decimal numbers
- The app is compatible with all special characters.
- Improved KML export functionalities that allows choosing a folder/name
- ‘Add Factor’ and ‘Modify factor’ options are simplified
- Mapping and Charting menus can be collapsed
- Static markers’ titles can be displayed in white or black colors
- Improved path and POI handling
- Regions can be selected in the Master RAR
- Streamlined user interface