Is e-voting currently used in any elections with EMB participation?
No, e-voting is not used currently
Morocco still uses a manual voting system.
The process for voting is as follows:
- Upon entrance into the polling station, the voter presents their carte d’identification national (CIN) to the polling station secretary who announces the voter’s name in an audible voice;
- The voter collects a ballot from a poll worker who stamps the ballot before handing it to the voter. The voter proceeds to a polling booth to cast their vote;
- Once they have completed their ballot, the voter places their vote in an opaque envelope that is stamped by the local administrative authority;
- The voter folds the ballot and deposits it in the ballot box;
- The polling station President will mark the voter’s finger with indelible ink ; and
- The station’s secretary will return the voter’s CIN to them.