The fourth webinar under the Democratic Development in Melanesia Webinar series 2021 will look at International IDEA’s recently launched updated Global State of Democracy Indices data. With updated data that spans the period from 1975 until December 2020, the Indices provide information on 116 democratic indicators for 165 countries which includes Pacific Island countries.
For the first time, the indices now include data from Solomon Islands and Fiji, in addition to Papua New Guinea, which has been included from the beginning. Join the webinar on 29 July 2021 to gain insights into the state of democracy in Papua New Guinea, Solomon Islands and Fiji and explore how democracy has evolved in these Melanesian countries and how these Melanesian countries fare with the global trends.
• Date: Thursday, 29 July
• Time: 14:00-15:30 GMT +12
• Platform: Zoom
Introduction of Global State of Democracy Indices
• Leena Rikkila Tamang, Director, Asia and the Pacific, International IDEA
• Serena Sasingian, Co-founder, The Voice Inc, Papua New Guinea
• Tarcisius Kabutaulaka, Associate Professor, University of Hawai'i, Solomon Islands
• Romulo Nayacalevu, Former Governance Manager, MSG Secretariat, Fiji
• Nyla Grace Prieto, Programme Officer, International IDEA