Cote d'Ivoire (Republic of Cote d'Ivoire) has a Unicameral parliament with the use of voluntary party quotas. 30 of 251 (12%) seats in the Assemblée nationale / National Assembly are held by women.
At a glance
Structure of Parliament: Unicameral
Are there legislated quotas...
- For the Single/Lower House? No
- For the Sub-National Level? No
Are there voluntary quotas...
- Adopted by political parties? Yes
Is there additional information?...
Last updated: Feb 17, 2020
Voluntary Political Party Quotas*
|Party||Official name||Details, Quota provisions|
|Ivorian Popular Front||Front Populaire Ivoirien [FPI]||Since 2001 the Ivorian Public Front has a 30 percent quota for women at all levels of its structures, including electoral candidate lists. The quota has not always been put into practice. (FPI statutes, article 14, June 2009.)|
* Only political parties represented in parliament are included. When a country has legislated quotas in place, only political parties that have voluntary quotas that exceed the percentage/number of the national quota legislation are presented in this table.
- UN Women: Cóte d'Ivoire
- International Alert (2016): 'Côte d’Ivoire election: Gender parity is possible, but it needs political will' Published: 2016-12-06