Malta (Republic of Malta) has a Unicameral parliament with the use of voluntary party quotas. 9 of 67 (13%) seats in the Il-Kamra Tad-Deputati / House of Representatives are held by women.
At a glance
Structure of Parliament: Unicameral
Are there legislated quotas...
- For the Single/Lower House? No
- For the Sub-National Level? No
Are there voluntary quotas...
- Adopted by political parties? Yes
Is there additional information?...
Last updated: Feb 18, 2020
Voluntary Political Party Quotas*
|Party||Official name||Details, Quota provisions|
|Labour Party||Partit Laburista [MLP]||The Labour Party has 20 percent quota for women on party lists.|
* Only political parties represented in parliament are included. When a country has legislated quotas in place, only political parties that have voluntary quotas that exceed the percentage/number of the national quota legislation are presented in this table.
- Europe Institute for Gender Equality: https://eige.europa.eu/gender-mainstreaming/countries/malta