Lithuania (Republic of Lithuania) has a Unicameral parliament with the use of voluntary party quotas. 30 of 141 (21%) seats in the Seimas / Parliament are held by women.
At a glance
Structure of Parliament: Unicameral
Are there legislated quotas...
- For the Single/Lower House? No
- For the Sub-National Level? No
Are there voluntary quotas...
- Adopted by political parties? Yes
Is there additional information?...
Last updated: Apr 16, 2019
Voluntary Political Party Quotas*
|Party||Official name||Details, Quota provisions|
|Social Democratic Party||Lietuvos socialdemokratų partija [LSDP]||SDP has a quota on at least one-third of either sex.|
* Only political parties represented in parliament are included. When a country has legislated quotas in place, only political parties that have voluntary quotas that exceed the percentage/number of the national quota legislation are presented in this table.
- Purvaneckiene, Giedre. 1999. ‘Women's and Gender Equality Issues in the Parliamentary Election Programs of Lithuania's Political Parties.’ Politics Towards Women and Women in Politics. Vilnius: Women's Issues Information Centre. pp. 33-61.
- Lithuanian Parliament website, http://www.lrs.lt/