See country page for more information.
- Tremblay, Manon et Jackie F. Steele (2006). 'Paradise Lost? Gender Parity and the Nunavut Experience', Marian Sawer, Manon Tremblay & Linda Trimble (ed), Representing Women in Parliament. A Comparative Study, Abingdon, Routledge, p. 221-235.
- Chappell, L.A. 2002. Gendering Government: Feminist Engagement with the State in
Australia and Canada, Toronto: UBC Press.
Library of Parliament (2004) ‘Women Candidates in General Elections – 1921 to Date’. Women Candidates in General Elections- 1921 to Date
- Inter-Parliamentary Union. 1999b. Politics: Women's Insight. Geneva: Inter-Parliamentary Union.
- Karam, Azza M. 1998. Beijing +5: Women's Political Participation: Review of Strategies and Trends. Background Paper No. 1. New York: United Nations.
- Praud, Jocelyne. 1998. ’La seconde vague féministe et la féminisation du Parti socialiste français et du Parti québécois’, Politique et sociétés. 17, no. 1-2. pp. 71-90.
- Dahl, Jens. 1997. "Gender Parity in Nunavut", Indigenous Affairs. no. 3-4. http://arcticcircle.uconn.edu/SEEJ/Nunavut/gender.html (Last retrieved: September 2009)
- Inter-Parliamentary Union. 1997a. Men and Women in Politics: Democracy Still in the Making, A World Comparative Study. Geneva: Inter-Parliamentary Union.
- Gidengil, Elisabeth. 1996. ‘Gender and attitudes towards quotas for women candidates in Canada’, Women and Politics. 16, no. 4. pp. 21-44.
- Matland, R.E. and Studlar, D.T. 1996. ‘The Contagion of Women Candidates in Single-Member Districts and Proportional representation Electoral Systems: Canada and Norway’, The Journal of Politics, 58, 3: 707–33.
- Nunavut Implementation Commission. 1995. NIC's proposal for equal representation by men and women in the Nunavut Legislative Assembly. Iqaluit: Iqualuit NU.
- Canadian Parliament website, http://www.parl.gc.ca/
Inter-Parliamentary Union. http://www.ipu.org/
Inter-Parliamentary Union. “Women in Parliament in 2015: The year in review”: http://www.ipu.org/pdf/publications/WIP2015-e.pdf
Inter-Parliamentary Union. “Women in Parliament: 20 years in review”: http://www.ipu.org/pdf/publications/WIP20Y-en.pdf
Inter-Parliamentary Union. “Women in Parliaments: World and Regional Averages”: http://www.ipu.org/wmn-e/world.htm
Inter-Parliamentary Union. “Women in Parliaments: World Classification ”: http://www.ipu.org/wmn-e/classif.htm
Women's Environment and Development Organization, www.wedo.org
Online Women in Politics, www.onlinewomeninpolitics.org
Note: The sources and additional reading indicated above are mostly only available in English. We welcome recommendations of additional sources in other languages.