See country page for more information.
- Frankson, J.R. (ed). 2001. The First Step: Getting in the Door, New York: WEDO.
- Kethusegile, B. et al. 2000. Beyond Inequalities: Women in Southern Africa. Harare: SARDC.
- Lowe-Morna, C. 2000. ‘Strategies for Increasing Women's Participation in Politics.’Paper presented to the Fifth Meeting of Commonwealth Ministers Responsible for Women's Affairs.
- Mashingaidze, D. 1999. ‘A Quota System for Women?’ WomanPlus6. No. 3: 20.
- Somolekae, G. 1998. The Various Systems of Party Primary Elections in Botswana. Paper presented to the National Conference on Women Preparing to Stand for the Primaries in Botswana, Botswana.
- Inter-Parliamentary Union. 1997. Democracy Still in the Making: A World Comparative Study, Geneva: Inter-Parliamentary Union.
- Botswana Parliament website, http://www.gov.bw/government/the_parliament.html
Inter-Parliamentary Union. http://www.ipu.org/
Inter-Parliamentary Union. “Women in Parliament in 2015: The year in review”: http://www.ipu.org/pdf/publications/WIP2015-e.pdf
Inter-Parliamentary Union. “Women in Parliament: 20 years in review”: http://www.ipu.org/pdf/publications/WIP20Y-en.pdf
Inter-Parliamentary Union. “Women in Parliaments: World and Regional Averages”: http://www.ipu.org/wmn-e/world.htm
Inter-Parliamentary Union. “Women in Parliaments: World Classification ”: http://www.ipu.org/wmn-e/classif.htm
Women's Environment and Development Organization, www.wedo.org
Online Women in Politics, www.onlinewomeninpolitics.org
Note: The sources and additional reading indicated above are mostly only available in English. We welcome recommendations of additional sources in other languages.