See country page for more information.
- Köpl, R. 2005. ‘Gendering political representation: debates and controversies in Austria’, in Lovenduski, J. et al (eds) State Feminism and Political Representation, Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, pp. 20-40.
- Caul, Miki. 2001. ‘Political Parties and the Adoption of Candidate Gender Quotas: A Cross National analysis’. Journal of Politics. 63(4) pp. 1214-1229.
- Steininger, Barbara. 2000. ‘Representation of Women in the Austrian Political System 1945-1998: From a Token Female Politician Towards an Equal Ratio?’ Women and Politics. 21, (2). pp. 81-106.
- Inter-Parliamentary Union. 1997. Participation of Women in Political Life. Geneva: Inter-Parliamentary Union.
- Austrian Parliament website, www.parlament.gv.at
Inter-Parliamentary Union. http://www.ipu.org/
Inter-Parliamentary Union. “Women in Parliament in 2015: The year in review”: http://www.ipu.org/pdf/publications/WIP2015-e.pdf
Inter-Parliamentary Union. “Women in Parliament: 20 years in review”: http://www.ipu.org/pdf/publications/WIP20Y-en.pdf
Inter-Parliamentary Union. “Women in Parliaments: World and Regional Averages”: http://www.ipu.org/wmn-e/world.htm
Inter-Parliamentary Union. “Women in Parliaments: World Classification ”: http://www.ipu.org/wmn-e/classif.htm
Women's Environment and Development Organization, www.wedo.org
Online Women in Politics, www.onlinewomeninpolitics.org
Note: The sources and additional reading indicated above are mostly only available in English. We welcome recommendations of additional sources in other languages.