See country page for more information.
- Wordsworth, Anna 2007. 'A matter of interests: gender and the politics of presence in Afghanistan's Wolesi Jirga' Issue Paper Series, AREU.
- Ballington, J. and Dahlerup, D. 2006. 'Gender quotas in post-conflict states: East Timor, Afghanistan and Iraq', in Dahlerup, D. Women, Quotas and Politics, London/New York: Routledge, pp. 249-258.
- Afghan Women’s Network, 2004. ‘Official Website’. Online. Available at: http://www.afghanwomensnetwork.org/
- United Nations Assistance Mission in Afghanistan, 2004. ‘The Constitution of Afghanistan’, January 3. http://www.unama-afg.org/docs/_nonUN%20Docs/_Loya-Jirga/CLJ/Translation%20of%20the%20Constitution%20May%2030.doc
- Annan, K. 2002. ‘Afghan Women May Still Suffer’, Associated Press. Online. Available at: http://www.rawa.org/annan-w.htm
- Afghan Parliament website, http://www.nationalassembly.af/
- United Nations Assistance Mission in Afghanistan, http://www.unama-afg.org/
Inter-Parliamentary Union. http://www.ipu.org/
Inter-Parliamentary Union. “Women in Parliament in 2015: The year in review”: http://www.ipu.org/pdf/publications/WIP2015-e.pdf
Inter-Parliamentary Union. “Women in Parliament: 20 years in review”: http://www.ipu.org/pdf/publications/WIP20Y-en.pdf
Inter-Parliamentary Union. “Women in Parliaments: World and Regional Averages”: http://www.ipu.org/wmn-e/world.htm
Inter-Parliamentary Union. “Women in Parliaments: World Classification ”: http://www.ipu.org/wmn-e/classif.htm
Women's Environment and Development Organization, www.wedo.org
Online Women in Politics, www.onlinewomeninpolitics.org
Note: The sources and additional reading indicated above are mostly only available in English. We welcome recommendations of additional sources in other languages.