See country page for more information.
- Longwe, S. H. 2000. ‘Towards Realistic Strategies for Women's Political Empowerment in Africa’, in Women and Leadership, Caroline Sweetman (ed.). Oxford: Oxfam. pp. 24-30.
- Tamale, S. 2000. ‘”Point of order, Mr Speaker”: African women claiming their space in parliament’, in Caroline Sweetman (ed.) Women and Leadership, Oxford: Oxfam. pp. 24-30.
- Tripp, A.M. 2000. Women & Politics in Uganda, Madison: University of Wisconsin Press; Oxford: James Currey and Kampala: Fountain Publishers.
- Butegwa, Florence. 1999. ‘Building Women's Capacity to Participate in Governance’, paper presented at the Capacity Building North and South Links and Lessons Conference, July 1-3.
- Tamale, S. 1999. When Hens Begin to Crow: Gender and Parliamentary Politics in Uganda. Boulder: Westview Press.
- Inter-Parliamentary Union. 1997. Democracy Still in the Making: A World Comparative Study. Geneva: Inter-Parliamentary Union.
- Kabebari-Macharia, J. 1997. ‘Asserting the Right to Political Decision-making’, GENDEReview – Kenya's Women and Development Quarterly. 4. no. 1: 13-14.
- Kalebbo, G. D. 1996. ‘How to Make it to Parliament’, Women's Vision, April 30.
- Uganda Parliament website, http://www.parliament.go.ug/
Inter-Parliamentary Union. http://www.ipu.org/
Inter-Parliamentary Union. “Women in Parliament in 2015: The year in review”: http://www.ipu.org/pdf/publications/WIP2015-e.pdf
Inter-Parliamentary Union. “Women in Parliament: 20 years in review”: http://www.ipu.org/pdf/publications/WIP20Y-en.pdf
Inter-Parliamentary Union. “Women in Parliaments: World and Regional Averages”: http://www.ipu.org/wmn-e/world.htm
Inter-Parliamentary Union. “Women in Parliaments: World Classification ”: http://www.ipu.org/wmn-e/classif.htm
Women's Environment and Development Organization, www.wedo.org
Online Women in Politics, www.onlinewomeninpolitics.org
Note: The sources and additional reading indicated above are mostly only available in English. We welcome recommendations of additional sources in other languages.