Tanzania, United Republic of
See country page for more information.
- Yoon, M.Y. 2001. ‘Democratization and Women's Legislative Representation in Sub-Saharan Africa’ in Democratization. Vol. 8, no.2, pp. 169-190.
- Julie Ballington, Vicky da Silva & David Pottie. 2001. Tanzania Gender Observer Mission Report. Johannesburg: Electoral Institute of Southern Africa.
- Temu, Fortunata and Sherbanu Kassim. 2001. Women and elections in Tanzania. http://tanzania.fes-international.de/doc/wr-elections.pdf
- Lowe-Morna, C. 2000. ‘Strategies for Increasing Women's Participation in Politics’, Presented to the Fifth Meeting of Commonwealth Ministers Responsible for Women's Affairs.
- Duri, P. F. 1999. ‘Women in the Shadow of Politics’, WomanPlus 6, no. 3. p. 24.
- Massoi, A. 1999. ‘Working to Increase the number of Tanzanian Women in Government’, Femnet News 8, no. 2. p. 7.
- Inter-Parliamentary Union. 1997. Democracy Still in the Making: A World Comparative Study. Geneva: Inter-Parliamentary Union.
- Kabebari-Macharia, J. 1997. "Asserting the Right to Political Decision-making." GENDEReview – Kenya's Women and Development Quarterly 4, no. 1. pp. 13-14.
- Killian, B. 1996. ‘A Policy of Parliamentary Special Seats for Women in Tanzania: Its Effectiveness’, Ufahamu 24, nos. 2-3. pp. 21-22.
- Tanzania Parliament website, http://www.parliament.go.tz/bunge/index.asp
Inter-Parliamentary Union. http://www.ipu.org/
Inter-Parliamentary Union. “Women in Parliament in 2015: The year in review”: http://www.ipu.org/pdf/publications/WIP2015-e.pdf
Inter-Parliamentary Union. “Women in Parliament: 20 years in review”: http://www.ipu.org/pdf/publications/WIP20Y-en.pdf
Inter-Parliamentary Union. “Women in Parliaments: World and Regional Averages”: http://www.ipu.org/wmn-e/world.htm
Inter-Parliamentary Union. “Women in Parliaments: World Classification ”: http://www.ipu.org/wmn-e/classif.htm
Women's Environment and Development Organization, www.wedo.org
Online Women in Politics, www.onlinewomeninpolitics.org
Note: The sources and additional reading indicated above are mostly only available in English. We welcome recommendations of additional sources in other languages.