See country page for more information.
- Ballington, J. and Dahlerup, D. 2006. ‘Gender quotas in post-conflict states: East Timor, Afghanistan and Iraq’, in Dahlerup, D. Women, Quotas and Politics, London/New York: Routledge, pp. 249-258.
- Pires, Milena. 2002. ‘East Timor and the Debate on Quotas.’ International IDEA, Regional Workshop on the Implementation of Quotas: Asian Experiences. Jakarta. Indonesia, September 2002.
- ‘East Timor: women demand 30% quota.’ 2001. Off Our Backs 31, no. 4: 5.
- Peace Women. 2001. Security Council Resolution 1325 - One Year On.
- UN Women Asia and the Pacific, https://asiapacific.unwomen.org/en
Inter-Parliamentary Union. http://www.ipu.org/
Inter-Parliamentary Union. “Women in Parliament in 2015: The year in review”: http://www.ipu.org/pdf/publications/WIP2015-e.pdf
Inter-Parliamentary Union. “Women in Parliament: 20 years in review”: http://www.ipu.org/pdf/publications/WIP20Y-en.pdf
Inter-Parliamentary Union. “Women in Parliaments: World and Regional Averages”: http://www.ipu.org/wmn-e/world.htm
Inter-Parliamentary Union. “Women in Parliaments: World Classification ”: http://www.ipu.org/wmn-e/classif.htm
Women's Environment and Development Organization, www.wedo.org
Online Women in Politics, www.onlinewomeninpolitics.org
Note: The sources and additional reading indicated above are mostly only available in English. We welcome recommendations of additional sources in other languages.