See country page for more information.
- Htun, Mala N. 2002. Women in Political Power in Latin America. Manuscript.
- Murcia, Ana, Kristin Rosekrans, Mario Antonio Paniagua, and Alma Yanira Quezada. 1999. El SalvadorReport: Transition and Participation. http://www.socialwatch.org/node/10650
- Htun, Mala N. 1998. Women's Political Participation, Representation and Leadership in Latin America. Issue Brief, Women's Leadership Conference of the Americas.
- Asociación Internacional para el Desarrollo Económico y Social and CIDEP. 1997. ‘El Salvador: The poor ... are they saved?’ http://www.socialwatch.org/en/informesNacionales/328.html
- El Salvador Parliament website, http://www.asamblea.gob.sv/
Inter-Parliamentary Union. http://www.ipu.org/
Inter-Parliamentary Union. “Women in Parliament in 2015: The year in review”: http://www.ipu.org/pdf/publications/WIP2015-e.pdf
Inter-Parliamentary Union. “Women in Parliament: 20 years in review”: http://www.ipu.org/pdf/publications/WIP20Y-en.pdf
Inter-Parliamentary Union. “Women in Parliaments: World and Regional Averages”: http://www.ipu.org/wmn-e/world.htm
Inter-Parliamentary Union. “Women in Parliaments: World Classification ”: http://www.ipu.org/wmn-e/classif.htm
Women's Environment and Development Organization, www.wedo.org
Online Women in Politics, www.onlinewomeninpolitics.org
Note: The sources and additional reading indicated above are mostly only available in English. We welcome recommendations of additional sources in other languages.