See country page for more information.
- Antic, M.G and Lokar, S. 2006. 'The Balkans: from total rejection to gradual acceptance of gender quotas', in Dahlerup, D. (ed.) Women, Quotas and Politics, London/New York: Routledge, pp. 138-167.
- Antić, M.G. 2004. ‘Women in Slovene Parliament: Below the Critical Mass’, in M.G. Antić and G. Ilonszki (eds) Women in Parliamentary Politics, Hungarian and Slovene experiences compared, Ljubljana: Peace Institute, pp. 81–116.
- Antić, M.G. and Gortnar, M. 2004. ‘Gender Quotas in Slovenia: A short analysis of failures and hopes’, European political science, 3, 3: 73–81.
- Antić, M.G. and Ilonszki, G. 2004. Women in Parliamentary Politics, Hungarian andSlovene Experiences Compared, Ljubljana: Peace Institute.
- Hrženjak, M. (ed.) 2002. Making Her Up: Women’s Magazines in Slovenia, Ljubljana: Peace Institute.
- Stability Pact Gender Task Force (SPGTF). 2002. 'Building National Gender Equality Mechanisms in South East Europe – Women's Use of the State'.
- Jalušič, V. 1999. ‘Women in Post-Socialist Slovenia: Socially Adapted, Politically Marginalised’, in S.P. Ramet (ed.) Gender Politics in the western Balkans: Women, Society and Politics in Yugoslavia and the Yugoslav successor States, Pennsylvania: Pennsylvania State University Press, pp. 51–66.
- Jalušič, V. 1994. ‘Troubles with Democracy: Women and Slovene Independence’, in J. Benderl and E. Kraft (eds) Independent Slovenia: Origins, Movements, Prospects, New York: St. Martin’s Press, pp. 135–58.
- Government of the Republic of Slovenia, Public Relations and Media Office, www.gov.si.
- Republic of Slovenia Electoral Commission, http://www.sigov.si/elections/rvk.html
- Republic of Slovenia, National Assembly. Slovene Constitution. http://www.dz-rs.si/index.php?id=351&docid=25&showdoc=1
- Slovenia Parliament website, http://www.dz-rs.si/
- Statistical Office of the Republic of Slovenia. Elections. http://www.stat.si/statweb/en/home
Inter-Parliamentary Union. http://www.ipu.org/
Inter-Parliamentary Union. “Women in Parliament in 2015: The year in review”: http://www.ipu.org/pdf/publications/WIP2015-e.pdf
Inter-Parliamentary Union. “Women in Parliament: 20 years in review”: http://www.ipu.org/pdf/publications/WIP20Y-en.pdf
Inter-Parliamentary Union. “Women in Parliaments: World and Regional Averages”: http://www.ipu.org/wmn-e/world.htm
Inter-Parliamentary Union. “Women in Parliaments: World Classification ”: http://www.ipu.org/wmn-e/classif.htm
Women's Environment and Development Organization, www.wedo.org
Online Women in Politics, www.onlinewomeninpolitics.org
Note: The sources and additional reading indicated above are mostly only available in English. We welcome recommendations of additional sources in other languages.