See country page for more information.
- Powley, Elisabeth (2008) 'Defending Children's Rights: The Legislative Priorities of Rwandan Women Parliamentarians', The Initiative for Inclusive Security, A Program of Hunt Alternatives Fund: www.huntalternatives.org.
- Hansson, Frida (2007) 'Consitution-Making Explanations to Gender Quotas. A Case Study of the Introduction of Reserved Seats for Women in the Rwandan Parliament.' Master Thesis, Uppsala University.
- Longman, Timothy (2006) 'Rwanda: Achieving Equality or Serving an Authoritarian State?' in Gretchen Bauer and Hanna Evelyn Briton (eds.), Women in African Parliaments. Boulder, CO: Lynne Reinner Publishers.
- Schwartz, Helle (2004) 'Women's Representation in the Rwandan Parliament'. Master Thesis, Dept. of Political Science, Gothenburg University.
- Powley, E. ‘Strengthening Governance: The Role of Women in Rwanda’s Transition’, paper presented at the Women Waging Peace Policy Commission, September 2003.
Inter-Parliamentary Union. http://www.ipu.org/
Inter-Parliamentary Union. “Women in Parliament in 2015: The year in review”: http://www.ipu.org/pdf/publications/WIP2015-e.pdf
Inter-Parliamentary Union. “Women in Parliament: 20 years in review”: http://www.ipu.org/pdf/publications/WIP20Y-en.pdf
Inter-Parliamentary Union. “Women in Parliaments: World and Regional Averages”: http://www.ipu.org/wmn-e/world.htm
Inter-Parliamentary Union. “Women in Parliaments: World Classification ”: http://www.ipu.org/wmn-e/classif.htm
Women's Environment and Development Organization, www.wedo.org
Online Women in Politics, www.onlinewomeninpolitics.org
Note: The sources and additional reading indicated above are mostly only available in English. We welcome recommendations of additional sources in other languages.