See country page for more information.
- Women's Political Participation and Electoral Quotas in Romania — Dr. Anca Turcu, Department of Political Science, Iowa State University, November 2009.
- Inter-Parliamentary Union. 1999. Participation of Women in Political Life: An assessment of developments in national parliaments, political parties, governments and the Inter-Parliamentary Union, five years after the Fourth World Conference on Women. Geneva: Inter-Parliamentary Union.
- Fischer, Mary Ellen. 1998. ‘From Tradition and Ideology to Elections and Competition: The Changing Status of Women in Romanian Politics.’ in Armonk: M. E. Sharpe (ed.). Women in the Politics of Post communist Eastern Europe. Marilyn Rueschmeyer Inc. pp. 168-195.
- Inter-Parliamentary Union. 1997. Men and Women in Politics: Democracy Still in the Making: A World Comparative Study. Geneva: Inter-Parliamentary Union.
- Fischer, Mary Ellen. 1985. ‘Women in Romanian Politics: Elena Ceauşescu, Pronatalism, and the Promotion of Women.’ Sharon L. Wolchik and Alfred G. Meyer (eds). Women, State, and Party in Eastern Europe. Durham: Duke University Press. pp. 121-137.
- Romanian Parliament website, http://www.cdep.ro/
Inter-Parliamentary Union. http://www.ipu.org/
Inter-Parliamentary Union. “Women in Parliament in 2015: The year in review”: http://www.ipu.org/pdf/publications/WIP2015-e.pdf
Inter-Parliamentary Union. “Women in Parliament: 20 years in review”: http://www.ipu.org/pdf/publications/WIP20Y-en.pdf
Inter-Parliamentary Union. “Women in Parliaments: World and Regional Averages”: http://www.ipu.org/wmn-e/world.htm
Inter-Parliamentary Union. “Women in Parliaments: World Classification ”: http://www.ipu.org/wmn-e/classif.htm
Women's Environment and Development Organization, www.wedo.org
Online Women in Politics, www.onlinewomeninpolitics.org
Note: The sources and additional reading indicated above are mostly only available in English. We welcome recommendations of additional sources in other languages.