See country page for more information.
- Reilly, B. and Reyes, S. 2016. 'Zipper System: How to get more women elected', Rappler. (online). https://www.rappler.com/nation/politics/elections/2016/129938-zipper-system-get-more-women-elected-congress
- Rappler. 2016. '46 Groups Proclaimed as Party list winners'. Rappler. (Online). https://www.rappler.com/nation/politics/elections/2016/133630-groups-proclaimed-party-list
- Atienza, Maria Ela L. 2000. ‘Gender and Local Governance in the Philippines.’ Rose J. Lee and Cal Clark (eds.). Democracy & the Status of Women in East Asia. Boulder: Lynne Rienner. pp. 77-90
- UNIFEM. 2000. Progress of the World's Women 2000. New York: United Nations.
- Inter-Parliamentary Union. 1999. Participation of Women in Political Life: An assessment of developments in national parliaments, political parties, governments and the Inter-Parliamentary Union, five years after the Fourth World Conference on Women. Geneva: Inter-Parliamentary Union.
- Mission, Gina. 1998. ‘Their Own Worst Enemies: Gender Politics in the Philippines.’ WIN Magazine. April.
- Aguilar, C. T. 1997. ‘Challenges to Women Politicians in a Democratized Asian Society.’ Paper presented at The 17th World Congress of the International Political Science Association. Seoul.
- Calimoso, Eloy. 1997. Cuberdyaryo, April 12.
- Philippine Parliament website, http://www.congress.gov.ph/
Inter-Parliamentary Union. http://www.ipu.org/
Inter-Parliamentary Union. “Women in Parliament in 2015: The year in review”: http://www.ipu.org/pdf/publications/WIP2015-e.pdf
Inter-Parliamentary Union. “Women in Parliament: 20 years in review”: http://www.ipu.org/pdf/publications/WIP20Y-en.pdf
Inter-Parliamentary Union. “Women in Parliaments: World and Regional Averages”: http://www.ipu.org/wmn-e/world.htm
Inter-Parliamentary Union. “Women in Parliaments: World Classification ”: http://www.ipu.org/wmn-e/classif.htm
Women's Environment and Development Organization, www.wedo.org
Online Women in Politics, www.onlinewomeninpolitics.org
Note: The sources and additional reading indicated above are mostly only available in English. We welcome recommendations of additional sources in other languages.