See country page for more information.
- Sancharika Samuha Nepal. 2002. ‘Women in Power and Decision-Making.’ Mahila Web. http://www.mahilaweb.org.np/power_decision_making/sector_mainpage.htm
- Bunagan, Katrine, Melanie Reyes, and Maria Dashell Yancha. 2000. ‘The Quota System: Women's Boon or Bane?’ Women Around the World. 1, no. 3.
- Karam, Azza. 1998. Women in Parliament: Beyond Numbers. Stockholm: IDEA.
- Inter-Parliamentary Union. 1997a. Men and Women in Politics: Democracy Still in the Making, A World Comparative Study. Geneva: Inter-Parliamentary Union.
- Nepal Electoral Commission, http://election.gov.np/election/np/
- Nepal Parliament website, http://www.parliament.gov.np/
Inter-Parliamentary Union. http://www.ipu.org/
Inter-Parliamentary Union. “Women in Parliament in 2015: The year in review”: http://www.ipu.org/pdf/publications/WIP2015-e.pdf
Inter-Parliamentary Union. “Women in Parliament: 20 years in review”: http://www.ipu.org/pdf/publications/WIP20Y-en.pdf
Inter-Parliamentary Union. “Women in Parliaments: World and Regional Averages”: http://www.ipu.org/wmn-e/world.htm
Inter-Parliamentary Union. “Women in Parliaments: World Classification ”: http://www.ipu.org/wmn-e/classif.htm
Women's Environment and Development Organization, www.wedo.org
Online Women in Politics, www.onlinewomeninpolitics.org
Note: The sources and additional reading indicated above are mostly only available in English. We welcome recommendations of additional sources in other languages.