See country page for more information.
- Gomez, Mario and Shyamala Gomez. 2001. ‘Preferring Women.’ Women in Action. 46. no. 2.
- ‘Missing Women and Elections.’ 2001. Midweek Review. November 14.
- Centre for Women's Research. 2000. Post Beijing Reflections: Women in Sri Lanka 1995-2000. Report.
- Kiribaumune, Sirima (ed.). 1999. Women and Politics in Sri Lanka: A Comparative Perspective. Sri Lanka: International Center for Ethic Studies.
- Samath, Feizal. 1998. ‘Politics-Sri Lanka: Women Promised Quotas in Parliament.’ Interpress Service, March 20.
- Sri Lanka Parliament website, http://www.parliament.lk/
Inter-Parliamentary Union. http://www.ipu.org/
Inter-Parliamentary Union. “Women in Parliament in 2015: The year in review”: http://www.ipu.org/pdf/publications/WIP2015-e.pdf
Inter-Parliamentary Union. “Women in Parliament: 20 years in review”: http://www.ipu.org/pdf/publications/WIP20Y-en.pdf
Inter-Parliamentary Union. “Women in Parliaments: World and Regional Averages”: http://www.ipu.org/wmn-e/world.htm
Inter-Parliamentary Union. “Women in Parliaments: World Classification ”: http://www.ipu.org/wmn-e/classif.htm
Women's Environment and Development Organization, www.wedo.org
Online Women in Politics, www.onlinewomeninpolitics.org
Note: The sources and additional reading indicated above are mostly only available in English. We welcome recommendations of additional sources in other languages.