See country page for more information.
- Frankson, J.R. (ed.). 2001. The First Step: Getting in the Door. New York: WEDO.
- Duri, P.F. 1999. ‘Women in the Shadow of Politics’, WomanPlus, 6, No.3, p. 24.
- Inter-Parliamentary Union. 1997. Democracy Still in the Making: A World Comparative Study. Geneva: Inter-Parliamentary Union.
- Kabebari-Macharia, J. 1997. ‘Asserting the Right to Political Decision-making’, GENDEReview – Kenya's Women and Development Quarterly 4. No. 1. p. 13-14.
- Ondego, O. 1997. ‘Obstacles to women's empowerment’, GENDEReview – Kenya's Women and Development Quarterly 4, No. 2: 5-6.
- House-Midamba, B. 1996. ‘Gender, Democratization, and Associational Life in Kenya’, Africa Today, Vol. 43, No. 3: pp. 289-305.
- Kenya Parliament website, http://www.parliament.go.ke/
- The Constitution of Kenya Review Commission, http://kenyalaw.org/kl/fileadmin/CommissionReports/Report-of-the-constitution-of-Kenya-review-commission.pdf
Inter-Parliamentary Union. http://www.ipu.org/
Inter-Parliamentary Union. “Women in Parliament in 2015: The year in review”: http://www.ipu.org/pdf/publications/WIP2015-e.pdf
Inter-Parliamentary Union. “Women in Parliament: 20 years in review”: http://www.ipu.org/pdf/publications/WIP20Y-en.pdf
Inter-Parliamentary Union. “Women in Parliaments: World and Regional Averages”: http://www.ipu.org/wmn-e/world.htm
Inter-Parliamentary Union. “Women in Parliaments: World Classification ”: http://www.ipu.org/wmn-e/classif.htm
Women's Environment and Development Organization, www.wedo.org
Online Women in Politics, www.onlinewomeninpolitics.org
Note: The sources and additional reading indicated above are mostly only available in English. We welcome recommendations of additional sources in other languages.