See country page for more information.
- Kristjánsson, S. 2003. ‘Iceland: A Parliamentary Democracy with a Semi-presidential Constitution’, in K. Ström, W.C. Muller and T. Bergman (eds) Delegation and
Accountability in Parliamentary Democracies, Oxford: Oxford University Press, pp.
- Kristjánsson, S. 2002. ‘Iceland: From Party Rule to Pluralist Political Society’, in
H.M. Narud, M.N. Pedersen and H. Valen (eds) Party Sovereignty and CitizenControl. Selecting Candidates for Parliamentary Elections in Denmark, Finland, Iceland and Norway, Odense: University Press of Southern Denmark, pp. 107–66.
- Narud, H.M., Pedersen, M.N. and Valen, H. (eds) 2002. Party Sovereignty and Citizen Control. Selecting Candidates for Parliamentary Elections in Denmark, Finland, Iceland and Norway, Odense: University Press of Southern Denmark.
- Bergqvist, Christina. (ed.) 1999. Equal Democracies? Gender and Politics in the Nordic Countries. Oslo: Scandinavian Universities and the Nordic Council of Ministers.
- Christensen, Ann-Dorte. 1999. ‘Kvinder i de politiske partier’ in Christina Bergquist et al Likestilte Demokratier? Kjönn og politikk i Norden. Oslo: Universitetsforlaget.
- Inter-Parliamentary Union. 1997. Democracy Still in the Making: A World Comparative Study. Geneva: Inter-Parliamentary Union.
- Styrkársdóttir, A. 1986. ‘From social movement to political power: the new women’s movement in Iceland’, in D. Dahlerup (ed.) The New Women’s Movement: Feminism and Political Power in Europe and the US, Newbury Park: Sage, pp. 140–57.
- Icelandic Parliament website, http://www.althingi.is/
Inter-Parliamentary Union. http://www.ipu.org/
Inter-Parliamentary Union. “Women in Parliament in 2015: The year in review”: http://www.ipu.org/pdf/publications/WIP2015-e.pdf
Inter-Parliamentary Union. “Women in Parliament: 20 years in review”: http://www.ipu.org/pdf/publications/WIP20Y-en.pdf
Inter-Parliamentary Union. “Women in Parliaments: World and Regional Averages”: http://www.ipu.org/wmn-e/world.htm
Inter-Parliamentary Union. “Women in Parliaments: World Classification ”: http://www.ipu.org/wmn-e/classif.htm
Women's Environment and Development Organization, www.wedo.org
Online Women in Politics, www.onlinewomeninpolitics.org
Note: The sources and additional reading indicated above are mostly only available in English. We welcome recommendations of additional sources in other languages.