See country page for more information.
- Scott, K. and Saifi, Z. 2018. "Iraq Elections: What role will gender quotas play?", CNN, Published 11 May 2018, Accessed 26 September 2018
- Fowler, C. 2018 "As More Women Run For Office In Iraq, Are Gender Quotas Producing Their Expected Result?", Our Secure Future: Women make the difference, Published 4 June 2018, Accessed 26 September 2018.
- Iraq Education and Training News, 2018. "Gender Mainstreaming in Iraq's Elections", www.iraq-businessnews.com, Published 31 Mars 2018, Accessed 26 September 2018.
- Ballington, J. and Dahlerup, D. 2006. 'Gender quotas in post-conflict states: East Timor, Afghanistan and Iraq', in Dahlerup, D. Women, Quotas and Politics, London/New York: Routledge, pp. 249-258.
- Coalition Provisional Authority (CPA) 2004. ‘Law of Administration for the State
of Iraq for the Transitional Period’. http://www.cpa-iraq.org/government/TAL.html
- Dahlerup, D. and Nordlund, A. 2004. ‘Gender Quotas: A key to Equality? A Case Study of Iraq and Afghanistan’, European Political Science, 3, 3: 91–8.
- Pirelli, C. 2004. ‘CPA Briefing on Electoral Preparations in Iraq’, 4 June. Online.
Available at: http://www.iraqcoalition.org/transcripts/20040604_Perelli_Prep.html
- Nordlund, A. 2004. ‘Demands for Electoral Gender Quotas in Afghanistan and Iraq’, The Research Program on Gender Quotas, Working Paper Series 2004: 2, Stockholm University: Department of Political Science.
- Samuels, K. and Einsiedel, S.v. 2004. ‘The Future of UN State-Building: Strategic and Operational Challenges and the Legacy of Iraq’, Policy Report, New York: International Peace Academy. http://www.ipacademy.org/Publications/Publications.htm
- Women for a Free Iraq, 2003. ‘The heartland of Iraq Womens Conference’, Preliminary Report, Hilla: University of Babylon.
- Iraq Parliament website, http://ar.parliament.iq/
Inter-Parliamentary Union. http://www.ipu.org/
Inter-Parliamentary Union. “Women in Parliament in 2015: The year in review”: http://www.ipu.org/pdf/publications/WIP2015-e.pdf
Inter-Parliamentary Union. “Women in Parliament: 20 years in review”: http://www.ipu.org/pdf/publications/WIP20Y-en.pdf
Inter-Parliamentary Union. “Women in Parliaments: World and Regional Averages”: http://www.ipu.org/wmn-e/world.htm
Inter-Parliamentary Union. “Women in Parliaments: World Classification ”: http://www.ipu.org/wmn-e/classif.htm
Women's Environment and Development Organization, www.wedo.org
Online Women in Politics, www.onlinewomeninpolitics.org
Note: The sources and additional reading indicated above are mostly only available in English. We welcome recommendations of additional sources in other languages.