See country page for more information.
- For information about women in the 2006 Italian election, see the Department of Rights and Equal Opportunities website: www.pariopportunita.gov.it/DefaultDesktop.aspx?doc=969
- Guadagnini, M. 2005. ‘Gendering the debate on political representation in Italy: a difficult challenge’, in Lovenduski, J. et al (eds) State Feminism and Political Representation, Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, pp. 130-152.
- Levin, Leah Simmons. 1999. ‘Setting the Agenda: The Success of the 1977 Israel Women's Party.’ Israel Studies 4, no. 2, p. 40.
- Guadagnini, Marila. 1998. ‘The Debate on Women’s Quotas in Italian Electoral Legislation.’ Swiss Political Science Review, 4:3, pp. 97-102. http://www.spsr.ch/Debates/QUOT/QUOT2.pdf
- Herzog, Hanna. 1996. ‘Why So Few? The Political Culture of Gender in Israel,’ International Review of Women and Leadership 2, no. 1. p. 11.
- Nelson, B. & N. Chowdhury (eds.). 1994. Women and Politics Worldwide, London: Yale University Press.
- The Knesset: The Israeli Parliament. http://main.knesset.gov.il/Pages/default.aspx
Inter-Parliamentary Union. http://www.ipu.org/
Inter-Parliamentary Union. “Women in Parliament in 2015: The year in review”: http://www.ipu.org/pdf/publications/WIP2015-e.pdf
Inter-Parliamentary Union. “Women in Parliament: 20 years in review”: http://www.ipu.org/pdf/publications/WIP20Y-en.pdf
Inter-Parliamentary Union. “Women in Parliaments: World and Regional Averages”: http://www.ipu.org/wmn-e/world.htm
Inter-Parliamentary Union. “Women in Parliaments: World Classification ”: http://www.ipu.org/wmn-e/classif.htm
Women's Environment and Development Organization, www.wedo.org
Online Women in Politics, www.onlinewomeninpolitics.org
Note: The sources and additional reading indicated above are mostly only available in English. We welcome recommendations of additional sources in other languages.