See country page for more information.
- Antic, Milica. 2003. ‘Factors Influencing Women's Presence in Slovene Parliament,’ in Matland, R. and Montgomery, K. (eds) Women's Access to Power in Post Communist Europe, Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- Stability Pact Gender Task Force (SPGTF). 2002. ‘Building National Gender Equality Mechanisms in South East Europe – Women's Use of the State’.
- Bulgarian Gender Research Foundation. 2002: ‘Croatia’ in Implementation of the Convention on the Elimination of all Forms of Discrimination against Women (CEDAW). A Compilation of NGO Reports from Balkan Countries. pp.146-173.
- Antic, Milica. 2001. ‘Women in Politics in Slovenia's New Democracy: Why so few?’, in Hans-Dieter Klingemann and Charles L. Taylor (eds). Elections in Slovenia, 1990-1997: Analyses, Documents and Data, Series Founding Elections in Eastern Europe. Edition Sigma, Berlin: Rainer Bohn Verlag.
- Woodward, Alison. 2001. ‘Women Are Doing It: Building a Gender Balanced Democracy Using Sticks, Carrots and Kisses’. Stability Pact Gender Task Force Regional Meeting, Slovenia (SPGTF).
- Antic, Milica. 1999. ‘Slovene Political Parties and Their Influence on the Electoral Prospects of Women,’ Corrin, C. (ed.). Gender and Identity in Central and Eastern Europe. Frank Cass Publishers. pp. 7- 29.
- Antic, Milica. 1998. ‘Women in Parliament in Slovenia, Versus Losers of the “Wende” - Winners of the EU?’. ‘Participation of Women: Chances and effects of the transformation process’, Politik und Forum. Vienna. pp. 35-44.
- Croatian Parliament, http://www.sabor.hr
Inter-Parliamentary Union. http://www.ipu.org/
Inter-Parliamentary Union. “Women in Parliament in 2015: The year in review”: http://www.ipu.org/pdf/publications/WIP2015-e.pdf
Inter-Parliamentary Union. “Women in Parliament: 20 years in review”: http://www.ipu.org/pdf/publications/WIP20Y-en.pdf
Inter-Parliamentary Union. “Women in Parliaments: World and Regional Averages”: http://www.ipu.org/wmn-e/world.htm
Inter-Parliamentary Union. “Women in Parliaments: World Classification ”: http://www.ipu.org/wmn-e/classif.htm
Women's Environment and Development Organization, www.wedo.org
Online Women in Politics, www.onlinewomeninpolitics.org
Note: The sources and additional reading indicated above are mostly only available in English. We welcome recommendations of additional sources in other languages.